Friday 22nd January 2020
Gooood afternoon year 5.
This is our final space lesson. :( Geography coming up next week!
The main thing I want you to take from this lesson is the difference between orbit and rotate. By the end of the video you should know the difference and be able to explain why/which one affects our day and night cycle.
There's quite a lot of different things on this page that might get confusing. But essentially - watch the video and then make the craft!
Have a watch of the video. I'll put the links to the different things I looked at underneath so that you can explore them on your own.
Sun, Earth and Moon Model
I know it will be tricky without split pins! But be inventive; use cocktail sticks or just bits of blue tac! Little models like this are much more useful in helping you learn than completing a little worksheet.
Let me know how you get on.
- Sydney https://balticlivecam.com/cameras/australia/sydney/sydney-harbour/
- New York https://www.earthcam.com/
- Paris https://www.earthtv.com/en/webcam/paris-eiffel-tower
- South Africa http://www.capetown-webcam.com/table-mountain-live
- Hawaii https://www.livebeaches.com/webcams/maui-sea-shell-condo-beach-cam