Wider opening update
As you will no doubt have heard the R rate in the North-West has risen to above 1.
As a result, Tameside schools have made the decision not to open to more pupils until at least the 22nd of June. As we form part of Tameside Health Trust, it is presumed that we are included in those statistics. Additionally, due to our proximity to the border of Tameside we have both staff and pupils who travel to us from that area. As a result, I have decided to put a hold on the decision to open to Year 6 on Monday, in the hope that I receive further guidance from Derbyshire. We will remain open as we always have for our key worker children but I’m not prepared to unnecessarily compromise the safety of pupils and staff until I have more detailed information. Please check back for further updates and many apologies for the lateness of this response.