Have a go at completing all of the questions below. Try and remember to write your answers in complete sentences.
1. Look at how this letter starts. Does this suggest the letter will be formal or informal?
2. Why can’t Leigh ride the bike?
3. What do you think Max has done to himself?
4. Which city is Leigh most likely to be from?
What evidence do you have for your answer?
5. There are two words that are stressed in paragraph six. How and why are they stressed?
6. After reading the whole letter, why do you think Leigh’s family has moved house?