Navigation
  • St Andrew's C of E Junior School
  • We are ... Learners for life
Home Page

Peanut, nut and other allergies.

A letter from the Deputy Headteacher.

 

we have been made aware that there are a small number of children at St. Andrews who may display sensitivity to peanuts/nuts. This allergic reaction(anaphylactic shock) can occur through ingestion of peanut/nut products, cross contamination and breathing peanuts(smells) in the air.

Since this condition can be potentially life threatening, we are asking for your help in minimising the risk to these children by:-

 

a) Avoiding giving children peanuts in school lunches

b) Avoiding giving peanut butter sandwiches, other spreads containing nuts such as Nutella, and snack bars containing nuts or labelled "may contain nut traces" in their school lunches.

c) Asking children not to share their lunches.

 

Due to the severity of the problem, it is important that all parents carry out the suggested measures and help reduce the risk of allergic reactions to these children.

 

Please could you inform school of any other allergies your child(ren) may have that we need to be aware of.

 

We thank you for your co-operation.

 

A K Wilkins

Deputy Headteacher.

Top